Discover the Best Free Walking Tour Prague Reviews!
Visiting Prague for the first time and looking for an exciting way to explore the city? Look no further than the free walking tours of Prague! In this blog post, we will provide you with detailed reviews of the best free walking tours in Prague to help you make the most out of your trip.
What are Free Walking Tours?
Free walking tours are popular among travelers who want to explore a city’s major attractions on foot while learning about its history, culture, and local stories from knowledgeable guides. These tours offer an excellent opportunity to get a sense of the city’s charm, hidden gems, and vibrant neighborhoods.
The Best Free Walking Tours Prague has to Offer
Here is a list of some highly recommended free walking tours in Prague:
Prague Extravaganza Tour
The Prague Extravaganza Tour takes you on a journey through the city’s historic center, showcasing its iconic landmarks such as the Prague Castle, Charles Bridge, and Old Town Square. Led by local guides, this tour offers fascinating insights into Prague’s rich history and culture. The tour typically lasts around 2.5 hours, and while it is free, tipping the guides is appreciated.
Alternative Prague Tour
If you’re looking for an off-the-beaten-path experience, the Alternative Prague Tour is perfect for you. This tour takes you to Prague’s hidden corners, street art spots, and trendy neighborhoods. You’ll learn about the city’s alternative culture, urban legends, and the stories behind the vibrant street art scene. The duration of the tour is approximately 3 hours, and tipping is customary.
Jewish Quarter Tour
Exploring Prague’s Jewish Quarter is a must-do for history enthusiasts. This tour provides a deep dive into the history, architecture, and culture of Prague’s Jewish community. You’ll visit significant landmarks such as the Old Jewish Cemetery, Spanish Synagogue, and the Jewish Museum. The knowledgeable guides share captivating stories about WWII, Jewish heritage, and Kafka’s impact on the city. The duration of this tour is usually 2 hours, and tipping is encouraged.
Tour Tips and Recommendations
When going on a free walking tour in Prague, keep these tips in mind:
- Wear comfortable shoes: The tours involve a significant amount of walking, so be sure to wear comfortable footwear.
- Bring a camera: Prague is a picturesque city, and you’ll want to capture moments of your tour and the stunning architecture.
- Check the weather: Prague experiences different seasons, so dress appropriately for the weather conditions to ensure a comfortable tour.
- Arrive early: Free walking tours can be popular, so try to arrive early to secure your spot, especially during peak tourist seasons.
- Tipping: While the tours are free, it is customary to tip the guides at the end as a token of appreciation for their knowledge and effort.
Why Choose a Free Walking Tour?
Free walking tours offer numerous benefits, making them an excellent choice for exploring Prague:
- Insightful guides: The local guides are passionate about their city and provide unique insights that guidebooks often miss.
- Flexible itinerary: Free walking tours allow you to discover a city’s main attractions while also catering to your specific interests.
- Budget-friendly: As the name suggests, free walking tours are a cost-effective way to explore Prague and fit any traveler’s budget.
- Meet fellow travelers: Joining a walking tour is an excellent opportunity to meet like-minded travelers from around the world.
- Support local communities: Many free walking tours work with local guides, contributing to the local economy and community.
Free walking tours in Prague provide a fantastic way to explore the city, learn about its history, and discover hidden gems. Whether you choose the Prague Extravaganza Tour, the Alternative Prague Tour, or a tour of the Jewish Quarter, you will have an unforgettable experience. Don’t forget to tip the passionate guides at the end of your tour!
So, lace up your walking shoes, grab your camera, and get ready to immerse yourself in the captivating beauty and stories of Prague!
Table of Contents