This free alternative street art tour in Kassel is a must-see stop on Germany’s Fairytale Road! Kassel is well-known for being the long-time home of the Brothers Grimm, as well as for its contemporary art scene and breathtaking UNESCO World Heritage park.
Kassel, located on the banks of the Fulda River, was almost completely destroyed during World War II. It was rebuilt in the 1950s and is still home to a number of architectural highlights and notable landmarks. It also has a plethora of impressive cultural offerings.
Kassel has the highest density of MUSEUMS of any city in Germany, and it is also one of the major stopping points along the GERMAN FAIRYTALE ROAD, a 600-kilometer tour dedicated to the lives and works of folklorists, linguists, and legitimate historians Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm.
Duration: 3.5 Hours
Available in English
Why Travellers Choose This Tour?
- Various Locations: Our numerous destinations provide you with an originality that no other tour operator can match, thanks to our experience in local heritage and traditions.
- Terrific Tour Guide: Each tour guide brings something unique to the table – one of which is being terrific!
- Scenic Sights: When travelling, scenic sights are a must that even we cannot compromise.
- Instant Support: Travelling gives rise to queries, concerns, and doubts; so we make sure that we’re always here to put your mind at ease
Alternative Tour Highlights:
- See the best large scale murals and street-sculptures from popular street artists
- Explore the colorful streets of Kassel
- Be led by a street art expert
Explore the colorful streets of Kassel and discover an open-air gallery of today’s most innovative urban street artists. See graffiti and sophisticated murals, and get a feel for the locals. Encounter whimsical murals of lizards and horses on the side of an entire building, along with political and social statements as a contrast to the wealth of the surrounding area.
View small masterpieces concealed in the hidden alleys of the town, and large-scale installations in wide open areas. Look at work in progress and see art that has been there for decades, as you discover some of the best street art in Europe.
What’s included & not included:
✓ Local Guide × Gratuities × Food and drinks, unless specified
Ob. Königsstraße 31, 34117 Kassel, Germany
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the trip’s departure time, as the tour departs on time, and it is impossible to catch up with the group once they have left.
This experience requires good weather. If the tour is canceled because of poor weather, you’ll be offered, or you can also book a different date. This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If the tour is canceled because the minimum numbers of participants aren’t met, you’ll be offered, or you can also choose a different date.