There are so many considerations to visit Hamburg over Berlin that it’s nearly impossible to list them all in one article. Some argue that Berlin and Hamburg are so dissimilar that it is impossible for one person to love both. Others argue that each city has its own distinct personality, making it difficult to compare the two. We’re not here to argue that one city is superior to another, but we can give you some explanations why the proud, impartial maritime Hamburg might be the place for you.
Hamburg is home to over 50 museums, 45 theaters, and approximately 100 music venues and clubs. It is one of the world’s most important musical cities, second only to New York and London. Hamburg will not be outdone by Berlin in terms of music and art.
Duration: 3.5 Hours
Available in English
Why Travellers Choose This Tour?
On this 3.5-hour tour, explore the historical center of Hamburg while looking out for the city’s amazing street art, hidden in the most improbable places. Get a kickstart introduction to the city and its artistic life.
- Various Locations: Our numerous destinations provide you with an originality that no other tour operator can match, thanks to our experience in local heritage and traditions.
- Terrific Tour Guide: Each tour guide brings something unique to the table – one of which is being terrific!
- Scenic Sights: When travelling, scenic sights are a must that even we cannot compromise.
- Instant Support: Travelling gives rise to queries, concerns, and doubts; so we make sure that we’re always here to put your mind at ease
Alternative Tour Highlights:
- Walk through Hamburg’s districts of Schanzenviertel and St. Pauli
- See local, national, and international art during this Hamburg street art tour
- A guide tells you about the political inspiration behind some of the artwork
- This short tour leaves you with enough time to do more sightseeing before or after
Meet your guide near the Sternschanze S-Bahn station to begin your 3.5-hour Hamburg Alternative street art walking tour. You will stroll through the Schanzenviertel and St. Pauli districts before proceeding towards the city centre near Gänsemarkt U-Bahn station. After walking through the district of Sternschanze you will get closer to Sankt Pauli and then proceed through Katoviertel all the way to the city centre. On the way you will see all different styles of street art and graffiti. Your guide will also explain the historical background and provide insight to subcultures and learn about gentrification and other political movements. Your tour concludes at the Gänsemarkt metro station at approximately 3pm.
What’s included & not included:
✓ Local Guide × Gratuities × Food and drinks, unless specified
Rathausmarkt 1, 20095 Hamburg, Germany
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the trip’s departure time, as the tour departs on time, and it is impossible to catch up with the group once they have left.
This experience requires good weather. If the tour is canceled because of poor weather, you’ll be offered, or you can also book a different date. This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If the tour is canceled because the minimum numbers of participants aren’t met, you’ll be offered, or you can also choose a different date.