Tours from Amsterdam to Keukenhof Gardens: A Colorful Experience
If you are visiting Amsterdam during springtime, one destination you should not miss is the iconic Keukenhof Gardens. Known as the “Garden of Europe,” Keukenhof is the world’s largest flower garden, displaying millions of vibrant flowers spread across a vast area. This blog post will guide you through everything you need to know about visiting Keukenhof Gardens from Amsterdam.
Why Visit Keukenhof Gardens?
Keukenhof Gardens offers a breathtaking spectacle that will leave you in awe. With over seven million flowers in bloom during the spring season, including tulips, daffodils, and hyacinths, it is a paradise for nature lovers and photography enthusiasts. The vibrant colors and mesmerizing fragrances create an unforgettable experience.
How to Get to Keukenhof Gardens from Amsterdam
There are several convenient ways to travel from Amsterdam to Keukenhof Gardens:
- Tour Packages: Many tour companies in Amsterdam offer guided tours to Keukenhof Gardens. These tours typically include transportation from Amsterdam to the gardens and back, along with skip-the-line admission tickets.
- Public Transportation: You can also reach Keukenhof Gardens by taking a combination of public transportation. From Amsterdam, take a train to Schiphol Airport and then transfer to the Keukenhof Express bus, which runs directly to the gardens.
- Bike Rental: Renting a bike in Amsterdam and cycling to Keukenhof Gardens is a popular option for the adventurous. The scenic route takes you through picturesque Dutch landscapes, including flower fields.
Best Time to Visit Keukenhof Gardens
The Keukenhof Gardens is open only during the spring season, typically from mid-March to mid-May. The best time to visit is usually between late April and early May when the tulips are in full bloom. However, the exact blooming period can vary depending on the weather, so it’s always a good idea to check the official website for updates.
Tips for Visiting Keukenhof Gardens
- Arrive Early: To avoid crowds, try to arrive at Keukenhof Gardens early in the morning when it opens. This allows you to explore the gardens peacefully and take stunning photos with fewer people around.
- Wear Comfortable Shoes: The gardens are vast, so wearing comfortable walking shoes is highly recommended. You’ll be doing a lot of walking to fully enjoy the beauty of Keukenhof.
- Bring a Picnic: Keukenhof offers several picnic areas where you can enjoy a leisurely meal surrounded by flowers. Pack some snacks or a picnic lunch to make the most of your visit.
- Visit the Pavilions: Apart from the outdoor gardens, Keukenhof also has several pavilions showcasing different types of flowers and plants. Don’t miss the opportunity to explore these indoor exhibits.
Visiting Keukenhof Gardens from Amsterdam is a must for anyone seeking a colorful and enchanting experience. Whether you join a tour, use public transportation, or rent a bike, the journey to Keukenhof Gardens will be worth it. Make sure to plan your visit during the spring season, arrive early, and take the time to explore the beautiful pavilions. Keukenhof is a truly magical place that will leave you with lifelong memories.
Table of Contents