Where to Park in Paris for Free
Visiting Paris can be an exciting experience, but finding affordable parking can be a challenge. However, there are some hidden gems where you can park for free. In this article, we will guide you through the best free parking spots in Paris and help you save money on your visit. Whether you’re exploring famous attractions or venturing off the beaten path, we’ve got you covered.
1. Residential areas
One of the best ways to find free parking in Paris is by looking for parking spots in residential areas. While it can be a bit harder to find a spot during busy hours, it’s definitely worth a try. Keep in mind the following tips:
- Respect parking signs and regulations to avoid fines.
- Avoid parking in spots designated for local residents only.
- Be mindful of street cleaning days when parking restrictions are enforced.
2. Park and Ride
If you prefer to avoid driving in the city center altogether, Park and Ride facilities are a convenient option. These are parking lots located outside the city, usually near public transportation stations. You can park your car for free and take a tram, bus, or metro to your destination. It’s a cost-effective and hassle-free way to explore Paris.
3. Shopping Centers
Many shopping centers in and around Paris offer free parking for their customers. This option allows you to combine your shopping experience with sightseeing. Some popular shopping centers with free parking include:
- Carrefour Pleyel in Saint-Denis
- Centre Commercial Créteil Soleil in Créteil
- Centre Commercial Rosny 2 in Rosny-sous-Bois
4. Train Stations
Paris has several train stations with free parking facilities, especially if you plan to take a day trip outside the city. Here are a few train stations where you can park for free:
- Gare de Lyon
- Gare de l’Est
- Gare Montparnasse
5. Hotels with Free Parking
If you’re staying at a hotel in Paris, consider choosing one that offers free parking for its guests. While not all hotels provide this service, there are some wonderful options available. Prioritize hotels located outside the city center to increase your chances of finding free parking. Make sure to contact the hotel in advance to confirm the availability of free parking and any restrictions that may apply.
While searching for free parking spots in Paris, keep the following tips in mind:
- Check parking signs for any time restrictions or limitations.
- Look for open spaces rather than parking in busy areas.
- Consider using a parking app or website to find available spots.
- Arrive early to secure a parking space, especially during peak hours.
- Ensure that you don’t obstruct traffic or park in a dangerous manner.
While finding free parking in Paris can be challenging, it’s not impossible. Explore residential areas, take advantage of Park and Ride facilities, visit shopping centers, consider train stations, or opt for hotels with free parking. With a little planning and patience, you can save money on parking and enjoy your visit to the City of Lights without breaking the bank.
Table of Contents