Where to Stay in Madrid with Family
Madrid is a vibrant city with a rich history and plenty of attractions that make it a great destination for families. But when it comes to finding the perfect place to stay, it can be overwhelming with so many options available. In this guide, we will walk you through some of the best areas in Madrid for families to stay, along with tips and recommendations to help you make the most of your trip.
Salamanca is one of the most upscale and elegant neighborhoods in Madrid. Known for its wide boulevards, beautiful architecture, and high-end shopping, it’s a great choice for families looking for a luxurious stay. The area is also well-connected, with easy access to public transportation, making it convenient for getting around the city.
- Stay at the AC Hotel Recoletos, located near Retiro Park and within walking distance to many attractions.
- Explore the charming streets and upscale boutiques of Calle Serrano.
- Visit the National Archaeological Museum, which offers interactive exhibits for children.
If you’re looking for a more relaxed and family-friendly atmosphere, Retiro is a great option. This neighborhood is home to the famous Retiro Park, one of the largest parks in Madrid, offering a variety of activities for both children and adults. From boat rides on the lake to playgrounds and picnic spots, it’s an ideal place for family outings.
- Stay at the Hotel Catalonia Retiro for a comfortable and convenient stay near the park.
- Take a leisurely stroll through the park and enjoy the beautiful gardens.
- Visit the Crystal Palace, which hosts temporary art exhibitions and workshops for kids.
3. Gran Via
If you’re looking for a central location with easy access to shopping, dining, and entertainment, Gran Via is the place to be. This bustling area is known for its iconic theaters, vibrant nightlife, and diverse cuisine.
- Stay at the Vincci Capitol Hotel, located right on Gran Via and offering modern rooms with city views.
- Take a walk along Gran Via and marvel at the stunning architectural landmarks.
- Visit the Wax Museum, where you can see lifelike wax figures of famous celebrities and historical figures.
For families looking for a more bohemian and artistic atmosphere, Malasana is a great choice. This hip neighborhood is known for its trendy shops, vintage boutiques, and lively nightlife. It’s also home to several parks and squares, providing ample space for kids to play.
- Stay at the Only You Boutique Hotel, a stylish boutique hotel located in the heart of Malasana.
- Explore the unique shops and cafes along Calle Fuencarral.
- Visit the Conde Duque Cultural Center, which hosts various events and activities for families.
If you prefer a quieter and less crowded area, Chamartin is a good option. Located north of the city center, this residential neighborhood offers a peaceful environment with plenty of green spaces. It’s also well-connected to the city center by public transportation.
- Stay at the Hotel Exe Plaza, located near Chamartin Station for easy access to the city center.
- Enjoy a relaxing day at Berlin Park, which features playgrounds, picnic areas, and a small lake.
- Take a short train ride to the city center and explore the popular attractions.
When planning a family trip to Madrid, choosing the right neighborhood to stay in is crucial for a memorable and enjoyable experience. Consider your family’s preferences and interests, and use this guide to find the perfect location that suits your needs. Whether you prefer a luxurious stay in Salamanca or a more relaxed atmosphere in Retiro, Madrid offers something for everyone. So start exploring and create unforgettable memories with your family in this beautiful city.
Table of Contents