Bergamo is a stunning destination in Northern Italy worth a visit on any tour through the region, with medieval architecture, local cuisine, and a real Italian town a little off the beaten road. Here are seven fantastic reasons to visit Bergamo as soon as possible, characterized by Venetian Walls, cobblestone alleyways, and a warm atmosphere.
Bergamo is the place to go if you want to see a town that hasn’t been touched by time. Bergamo is the kind of location that hasn’t altered in centuries, with multiple historic churches and all the cobblestone pathways an Italian city could want.
In this Bergamo Free Walking Tour, you’ll explore the small lanes of the Citta Alta, as well as the ancient 12th-century church of Tempietto di Santa Croce, which is why several of the greatest reasons for visiting Bergamo is to learn about its history. We will also visit nearby, the Old Bishop’s Palace is decorated with centuries-old painted paintings, and the Cappella Colleoni (Colleoni Chapel) is one of Northern Italy’s outstanding specimens of Renaissance architecture.
- Explore the small lanes of the Citta Alta, as well as the ancient 12th-century church of Tempietto di Santa Croce
- Visit the Old Bishop’s Palace is decorated with centuries-old painted paintings, and the Cappella Colleoni (Colleoni Chapel)
- Discover the region’s history while enjoying life with a variety of oddities and sampling the local cuisine
- Witness one of Italy’s best preserved cities, situated in the mountains of the Bergamo Valley and bordered by several notable Italian lakes
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
This is one of Italy’s best preserved cities, situated in the mountains of the Bergamo Valley and bordered by several notable Italian lakes. It is 45 minutes from Milan and is home to Italy’s third busiest airport. It is divided into three sections, the first of which is San Vigilio, the next is Citta Alta, and the third is Citta Bassa. Each one is distinct in their own way. All we can say is that your tour will be well worth your time. We’re really looking forward to showing you around.
✔ Professional guide
✘ Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Pzza Duomo, 5, 2419 Bergamo BG, Italy
Return Details: Pzza Duomo, 5, 2419 Bergamo BG, Italy
What To Expect
How about learning about the area’s history while enjoying life with a variety of wonders and sampling the local cuisine? That is precisely the tour’s purpose! The most prominent sites will be seen, including Piazza Vecchia, Santa Maria Maggiore, and the beautiful Palazzo della Ragione, and others. So, how about the oddities? What was the location of Bartolomeo Colleoni’s grave? What are the inscriptions on the “Palazzo della Ragione’s” pillars? And what’s the story of the white stone that can be found in the Piazza Vecchia? But, most importantly, how do authentic “casoncelli” and “polenta” taste? Join us on a tour around Bergamo!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
This experience requires good weather. If the tour is canceled because of poor weather, you’ll be offered or you can also choose a different date.
This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If the tour is canceled because the minimum numbers of participants aren’t met, you’ll be offered or you can also choose a different date.
There are no reviews yet.