Bologna has a rich and intriguing past, with settlements dating back to the 10th century BC. A trip to the Sala Borsa will provide you with a peek of the state’s Roman history by allowing you to see the ruins of a Roman villa in the background, which can be seen through the Sala Borsa’s translucent floor, while the downtown area is brimming with gorgeous medieval and Renaissance structures.
Take advantage of the best of both worlds with this Bologna Free Original Walking Tour! First, view the most prominent and attractive sites of Bologna during a delightful stroll around the city’s medieval core to get a sense of the Italian way of life. Then, at various locations throughout town, sample a range of local gastronomic delights. Bologna is most known for its historic downtown district, which is “built for walking,” as well as its famed cuisine, which is generally referred to as the tastiest and richest tasting by Italians themselves. This journey will alternate between seeing the city’s greatest significant and vital monuments (as well as some hidden treasures and the many intrigued narratives, memories, and folk tales behind them) and sampling an array of different culinary speciality, which will include wines, cheeses, cold cuts, sweet treats, ice cream, as well as other finger foods, depending on the shoppers’ choices.
- Explore the most prominent and attractive sites of Bologna during a delightful stroll around the city’s medieval core to get a sense of the Italian way of life
- Visit various locations throughout town, sample a range of local gastronomic delights
- Walk along the historic downtown district, which is “built for walking,” as well as its famed cuisine
- Witness the city’s greatest significant and vital monuments (as well as some hidden treasures and the many intrigued narratives, memories, and folk tales behind them)
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
The Original Bologna Free Walking Tour highlights:
• Visit the Piazza Maggiore square, the city’s beating heart
• See the original position of the world’s oldest university
• Visit the huge San Petronio cathedral
• Experience the ancient town’s free markets and cafes
• See the very unique Seven Churches cluster Taste a few of the local delicacies
• All of this can be completely customized to your preferences
✔ Professional guide
✘ Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Piazza Maggiore, 40124 Bologna BO, Italy
Return Details: Piazza Maggiore, 40124 Bologna BO, Italy
What To Expect
We will begin a wonderful itinerary in the Neptune Fountain; followed by the Piazza Maggiore plaza, the famous bronze monument is one of the city’s emblems, the Basilica di San Petronio church, the city’s main piazza and throbbing heart, the Voltone del Podesta’ tunnel, as well as the Massive medieval church renowned for its “imperfections” and rich history.
We will also explore the arched corridor, notable for being the location of public executions, which also has some unusual “acoustic qualities.” Then we’ll proceed to the courtyard of Archiginnasio and see the western world’s oldest university’s initial official site. We’ll take a stroll beneath the porticoes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
This experience requires good weather. If the tour is canceled because of poor weather, you’ll be offered or you can also choose a different date.
This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If the tour is canceled because the minimum numbers of participants aren’t met, you’ll be offered or you can also choose a different date.
There are no reviews yet.