Product DescriptionIn Catania, when the stones of our dark beach were transformed into sharks and ladybugs, Sicily began its journey in this unique form of artistic expression. It is accurate that everything that is out of the ordinary is ultimately accepted by the powers that be, and this includes our urban spaces. The tales behind the paintings, on the other hand, continue to convey themes of resistance, retreat, acceptance, identification, or simply beauty. The Free Catania Alternative Street Art tour lasts roughly 3.5 hours and is accessible to those with disabilities.
Duration: 3.5 Hours
Available in English
Why Travellers Choose This Tour?
With its dedicated street art scene, Catania’s Alternative Street Art presence is evident. There are numerous great pieces of street art that have been around for decades, and new pieces appear on a regular basis. In the 1990s, Catania became a major alternative cultural center, and it’s only getting stronger! On this trip, we’ll look at alternative neighborhoods, street art, murals, skateboarding scenes, squat sceneries, as well as folk tales, stories, and myths.
- Various Locations: Our numerous destinations provide you with an originality that no other tour operator can match, thanks to our experience in local heritage and traditions.
- Terrific Tour Guide: Each tour guide brings something unique to the table – one of which is being terrific!
- Scenic Sights: When travelling, scenic sights are a must that even we cannot compromise.
- Instant Support: Travelling gives rise to queries, concerns, and doubts; so we make sure that we’re always here to put your mind at ease
Alternative Tour Highlights:
With a professional street artist as your guide, you’ll be able to see Catania’s street art.
Decipher the hidden messages in the graffiti and learn about Catania by doing so.
Visit three of the city’s most hip areas and get a unique perspective on the city.
Your expert guide will tell you everything you need to know about the artists
See how street artists depict Catania’s economic and social turmoil.
Description:This is the trip for you if you really want to understand more about this booming phenomena or merely want to view some of Catania’s best public art. As if things couldn’t get much better, the tour is completely free! The tour guides are actual locals who can’t wait to show you around their city and share their passion! Tips, on the other hand, are strongly encouraged! We don’t want to misinterpret the phrase “starving artists” ;). The tour’s precise itinerary may alter based on the guide, the group, and the conditions in order to provide you with the ultimate experience!
What’s included & not included:✓ Local Guide × Gratuities × Food and drinks, unless specified
Meeting PointPiazza del Duomo, 95100 Catania CT, Italy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the trip’s departure time, as the tour departs on time, and it is impossible to catch up with the group once they have left.
This experience requires good weather. If the tour is canceled because of poor weather, you’ll be offered, or you can also book a different date. This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If the tour is canceled because the minimum numbers of participants aren’t met, you’ll be offered, or you can also choose a different date.
There are no reviews yet.