To warn you, the timeframe between the new year and Ash Wednesday in Cologne is quite outstanding, as this is when the world-famous Cologne Carnival takes place. The street carnival, where people celebrate, sing, and dance in the pubs and bars around the Alter Markt and Heumarkt squares, is the event’s highlight. Visitors will also observe the distinct joie de vivre of Cologne in the cosy, rustic pubs that serve kölsch, the city’s signature beer. The Rhine city also has a thriving music and art scene, making it a fun place to visit. Christopher Street Day, Musical Dome, the Wallraf Richartz Museum, and the Ludwig Museum, which houses works by Picasso, Warhol, and Lichtenstein, are among the highlights.
Cologne is known for its upbeat attitude and party atmosphere. The city is a matter of the heart, an emotion, and an unwaveringly positive mental state. Cologne Carnival, kölsch beer, and, of course, the cathedral are at the heart of this outlook.
Duration: 3.5 Hours
Available in English
Why Travellers Choose This Tour?
- Various Locations: Our numerous destinations provide you with an originality that no other tour operator can match, thanks to our experience in local heritage and traditions.
- Terrific Tour Guide: Each tour guide brings something unique to the table – one of which is being terrific!
- Scenic Sights: When travelling, scenic sights are a must that even we cannot compromise.
- Instant Support: Travelling gives rise to queries, concerns, and doubts; so we make sure that we’re always here to put your mind at ease
Alternative Tour Highlights:
- Explore Cologne’s street art
- Enjoy a family friendly tour in English
- Learn about the city
A peak into the world of graffiti and the passion and challenges behind it, the history behind it and a rundown of some of the artists on the scene now and the ones who left their mark. Charming tour guide, with lots of personal stories and experiences, made the trip both captivating, funny and cozy.
In this tour, you will get to see art works you would never have seen without going on this tour! Our fantastic and knowledgeable guide will open your eyes to the various types of street art and their role in society both in the past and their extreme relevance today in our materialistic world; so you can take your new knowledge of street art back home and search them out wherever you go.
What’s included & not included:
✓ Local Guide × Gratuities × Food and drinks, unless specified
Domkloster 4, 50667 Köln, Germany
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the trip’s departure time, as the tour departs on time, and it is impossible to catch up with the group once they have left.
This experience requires good weather. If the tour is canceled because of poor weather, you’ll be offered, or you can also book a different date. This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If the tour is canceled because the minimum numbers of participants aren’t met, you’ll be offered, or you can also choose a different date.