Parma City will surprise you! This Parma Free Original Walking Tour is the perfect stop for a day or two. The city surprises with its elegant monuments, churches and green spaces. The tour starts in Piazza Garibaldi, the center of social life, and arrives at Piazza Duomo, an impressive square with a medieval atmosphere, including the cathedral, the Baptistery and the Bishop’s Palace. We keep walking until we reach La Pilotta, a symbol of the duke’s power, and the Monumental complex in the gardens.
You will then proceed to the Mariana della Stecata Cathedral, ending at the Reggio Theater, one of the city’s most important monuments. This unique free walking tour of Parma is the perfect way to discover the true essence of Emilia-Romagna and Italy. In addition to its many impressive attractions, you will learn about Parma’s history, culture, and local way of life to become a true local.
- Stroll through the center of this charming town known as the “small Italian Paris.”
- Visit historical buildings, valuable monuments, distinctive streets and squares, churches, and a theater
- Walk along the beautiful “Lungo Parma” avenue that runs alongside the city’s homonymous stream
- Witness the famous Parma Ham, Culatello and of course Parmigiano Reggiano, all these gastronomic excellences with the protected brand
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
The Original Parma Free Walking Tour is worth joining if you want to dig deeper into Italy’s gastronomy tourism. This free walking tour is especially tailored for art and culture enthusiasts. In this tour, you will be enchanted by the Romanesque cathedral, Roman ruins, Renaissance art, and famous opera house.
✔ Professional guide
✘ Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Piazza della Pilotta, 3, 43121 Parma PR, Italy
Return Details: Same as where the tour started
What To Expect
The Original Turin Free Walking Tour is a lovely stroll through the center of this charming town known as the “small Italian Paris.” We’ll walk down the beautiful “Lungo Parma” avenue that runs alongside the city’s homonymous stream. We’ll walk through the Ducal Park, a rare example of a princely park complete with secular plants, fields, and paths.
The walk continues along ancient streets, where you can see historical buildings, valuable monuments, distinctive streets and squares, churches, and a theater. We’ll take the shopping route and eat at the gastronomic botteghe. The walk concludes in a typical location where you can sample the famous Prosciutto di Parma, culatello, and Parmesan cheese.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
This experience requires good weather. If the tour is canceled because of poor weather, you’ll be offered or you can also choose a different date.
This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If the tour is canceled because the minimum numbers of participants aren’t met, you’ll be offered or you can also choose a different date.
There are no reviews yet.