Sagunto is home to a Roman theatre built in the 1st century, this theatre was recently declared a National Monument. The theatre has the most beautiful acoustics and architectural marvels that are well preserved. In the region of Valencia sits a stunning medieval castle that’s almost one kilometer long. the castle is surrounded by walls built back in the time when the Romans occupied Spain.
In this walking tour, you’ll pass by the Jewish quarter and the castle which was once a bubbling marketplace when the town was medieval. Overlooking the square is the Gothic Church of Santa Maria holding hands with the historic City Hall. A stroll through the Jewish quarter will reveal whitewashed houses and narrow cobbled streets, all a testimony of the cities rich history.
- Experience the beauty of the castles, cathedrals, and historical theaters.
- Discover the rich unbridled history that flows on the street of Sagunto freely. Listen to stories of the events that played out in the Amphitheatre in the 1st century.
- Explore the Iberian and Roman remains which can be found in the ancient Castle.
Why Travellers Love This Tour
Sagunto is not so much of a noisy city. Its main attraction is the prehistoric Roman amphitheater. The medieval walls surrounding the castle and the captivating story of Hannibal’s siege, make it an interesting walk. The sun is always at its peak warming up travelers who are in need of some warmth. We will walk you through the historical plethora of the old town as you open up to all the wonder it has to offer.
✓ Local Guide
✘ Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Pl. del Cronista Chabret, 46500 Sagunt, Valencia, Spain
Return Details: Pl. del Cronista Chabret, 46500 Sagunt, Valencia, Spain
What To Expect
This free walking tour through the little city of Sagunto will take you through all the main points of the city. From the breathtaking architecture of the Sagunto castle to the depth of history in the archeological museum and down to the popular Sagunto Roman Theater.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
This experience requires good weather. If the tour is canceled because of poor weather, you’ll be contacted so you can choose a different date.
This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If the tour is canceled because the minimum number of participants isn’t met, you’ll be contacted so you can choose a different date.
There are no reviews yet.