Discover the Best Spanish Resorts near Barcelona
Barcelona, the vibrant and cosmopolitan city in Spain, is not just known for its historical sites, culture, and stunning architecture. It’s also a perfect destination for those seeking beautiful beaches and luxurious resorts. In this blog post, we’re going to explore some of the best resorts near Barcelona where you can relax, unwind, and enjoy the Mediterranean sun.
Sitges, located just 35 kilometers southwest of Barcelona, is a charming coastal town known for its beautiful beaches, vibrant nightlife, and colorful festivals. It’s considered one of the best resort destinations near Barcelona.
Some of the popular resorts in Sitges include:
- Hotel Calipolis: Just steps away from the beach, this stylish hotel offers stunning sea views, comfortable rooms, and a rooftop pool.
- Dolce Sitges: Nestled in the hills, this luxurious resort boasts spacious rooms, a spa, multiple swimming pools, and breathtaking views of the Mediterranean.
- Melia Sitges: Situated near the town center, this modern resort provides easy access to the beach and features a pool, a fitness center, and exceptional service.
Sitges is not only famous for its beaches but also for its vibrant atmosphere. The town hosts various events, including the Sitges Film Festival, Carnival, and Gay Pride, which attract visitors from all over the world.
2. Costa Dorada
The Costa Dorada, or “Golden Coast,” stretches along the Mediterranean Sea south of Barcelona. This region offers miles of pristine beaches, tranquil villages, and family-friendly resorts.
Some of the top resorts in Costa Dorada include:
- PortAventura World: Located in Salou, this world-renowned resort is not only a theme park but also offers a golf course, water park, and a variety of accommodations to suit every budget.
- La Pineda: Situated between Salou and Tarragona, La Pineda is a popular resort town known for its beautiful beaches, water sports, and the Aquopolis Water Park.
- Cybernetic Fountain in Salou: A unique attraction in Salou, the Cybernetic Fountain combines music, lights, and water shows that mesmerize visitors.
Whether you’re traveling with family, friends, or as a couple, Costa Dorada offers a wide range of resort options to make your stay enjoyable and memorable.
Located about 50 kilometers north of Barcelona, Calella is a lively beach town with a long stretch of golden sand and crystal-clear waters. It’s known for its relaxed atmosphere and fun-filled activities.
Here are some resorts you might want to consider in Calella:
- Hotel Bernat II: Situated right on the beachfront, this modern hotel offers comfortable rooms, an outdoor pool, and a rooftop terrace with panoramic views.
- Hotel Vila de Calella: Located in the town center, this family-friendly resort provides easy access to the beach, spacious rooms, and a pool surrounded by a sun terrace.
- Hotel Volga: A budget-friendly option with a prime location, Hotel Volga offers cozy rooms, an outdoor pool, and a restaurant serving delicious Mediterranean cuisine.
In addition to sunbathing and swimming, Calella offers various water sports activities, shopping opportunities, and a lively nightlife scene, making it an ideal resort town near Barcelona.
4. Costa Brava
A bit further north of Barcelona, Costa Brava is a stunning stretch of coastline renowned for its rugged cliffs, hidden coves, and crystal-clear waters. It offers an array of resorts that cater to different tastes.
Some of the well-known resorts in Costa Brava include:
- Tossa de Mar: This picturesque town features beautiful beaches, ancient walls, and a charming old town. Resorts like Golden Bahia de Tossa & Spa and Premier Gran Hotel Reymar & Spa offer luxurious accommodations and breathtaking sea views.
- Lloret de Mar: Known for its vibrant nightlife and beautiful beaches, Lloret de Mar attracts party-goers and sun-seekers alike. Some popular resorts in Lloret de Mar include Gran Hotel Monterrey and ALEGRIA Plaza Paris.
- Roses: Situated in the northern part of Costa Brava, Roses offers stunning beaches and a wide range of water sports activities. Seafront resorts like Hotel Vistabella and Hotel Almadraba Park provide a tranquil setting for relaxation.
Costa Brava is not only famous for its resorts but also for its rich history, picturesque coastal towns, and delicious Mediterranean cuisine.
Barcelona’s proximity to these fantastic resorts makes it a perfect base for exploring the stunning coastline of Catalonia. Whether you prefer a lively beach town, a family-friendly resort, or a luxury retreat, the Spanish resorts near Barcelona have something to offer for everyone.
So, pack your sunscreen, swimwear, and sense of adventure, and get ready for an unforgettable holiday at one of these fantastic resorts near Barcelona!
Table of Contents