Explore the Colorful and Vibrant Street Art of Brussels
Brussels, the capital city of Belgium, is not only renowned for its historic architecture and tantalizing Belgian chocolates, but also for its vibrant street art scene. If you’re a lover of art and looking for a unique way to explore the city, a street art tour in Brussels is a must-do. In this article, we’ll guide you through the different aspects of a street art tour in Brussels, including where to find the best street art, famous local artists, and useful tips for capturing incredible photos.
Discover Brussels Street Art Hotspots
Start your street art adventure by visiting some of the most famous hotspots in Brussels. Here are a few must-see locations:
- Mont des Arts: Located near the city center, Mont des Arts is a hub for street art. Explore the backstreets to find colorful murals and graffiti.
- Marolles District: This vibrant neighborhood is home to several outstanding street art pieces. Don’t miss the famous mural of Tintin and Snowy on Rue de l’Etuve.
- Parc de Forest: Take a stroll through Parc de Forest, a beautiful park that features an outdoor gallery showcasing contemporary street art.
- Avenue Louise: This upscale shopping street is dotted with impressive street art pieces. Look out for the magnificent mural by Belgian artist Bonom.
Local Street Artists
The Brussels street art scene boasts a talented community of local artists, each with their unique style and message. Here are a few artists whose work you should keep an eye out for:
Belgian artist ROA is renowned worldwide for his large-scale black and white animal murals. His work can be found across Brussels, often depicting local fauna.
Bonom is a well-known Brussels-based street artist recognized for his giant, hand-painted black figures on various buildings. His unique style leaves a lasting impression.
NuArt is a female street artist who brings vibrant colors to the Brussels streets. Look out for her intricate and eye-catching stencil art.
Capturing Stunning Photos
When embarking on your street art tour in Brussels, it’s important to capture the beauty of these incredible artworks. Here are a few handy tips:
- Bring a quality camera or use your smartphone with a high-resolution setting.
- Pay attention to lighting. Early morning or late afternoon provides the best natural light for capturing street art.
- Experiment with different angles and perspectives to highlight the details and scale of the artwork.
- Consider the surroundings and incorporate them into your composition to provide context.
- Explore editing tools to enhance the colors and contrast of your photos.
Tips for a Memorable Street Art Tour
To make the most of your street art tour in Brussels, we have a few handy tips:
- Wear comfortable shoes as you’ll be walking a lot.
- Carry a bottle of water and some snacks to keep you energized.
- Take your time to admire the details and appreciate the depth of the artworks.
- Respect the artists’ work and do not damage or deface any street art.
- Join a guided tour or use a street art map to ensure you don’t miss any hidden gems.
Brussels offers a diverse and thriving street art scene just waiting to be explored. Immerse yourself in the colorful artworks of talented local artists and capture memorable photos along the way. Whether you’re an art lover or simply looking for a unique experience, a street art tour in Brussels is an enriching journey that shouldn’t be missed!
Table of Contents