The Ultimate Guide: Newcastle to Amsterdam Ferry Route
Welcome to our comprehensive guide to the Newcastle to Amsterdam ferry route! Taking a ferry from Newcastle, United Kingdom to Amsterdam, Netherlands is a fantastic way to start your European adventure. In this guide, we will cover everything you need to know about this popular route, including the ferry operators, journey duration, ticket prices, and what to expect onboard.
1. Ferry Operators
There are two main ferry operators that offer services between Newcastle and Amsterdam:
- DFDS: DFDS is a renowned ferry company that operates daily crossings between Newcastle and Amsterdam. They provide excellent onboard facilities, including restaurants, bars, and comfortable cabins for overnight crossings.
- P&O Ferries: P&O Ferries also offers regular sailings between Newcastle and Amsterdam. With spacious lounges, entertainment options, and great dining choices, their ferries promise a comfortable journey.
2. Journey Duration
The journey from Newcastle to Amsterdam typically takes around 15 to 16 hours. However, it’s important to note that this duration may vary depending on weather conditions and other factors beyond the control of the ferry operators. It’s always a good idea to check the specific departure times and estimated arrival when booking your tickets.
3. Ticket Prices
Ticket prices for the Newcastle to Amsterdam ferry route vary depending on several factors, such as the time of year, cabin type, and any additional services you may require. It’s advisable to book your tickets in advance to secure the best prices. Both DFDS and P&O Ferries have user-friendly websites where you can check the current ticket prices and make your reservations.
4. Onboard Facilities
Both DFDS and P&O Ferries offer a range of facilities to make your journey enjoyable:
- Restaurants and Cafes: Enjoy delicious meals, snacks, and beverages at the onboard restaurants and cafes. Vegetarian and gluten-free options are usually available.
- Bars: Relax and unwind with a drink at the bars, which often offer a wide selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Entertainment: From live music to movie screenings, you won’t get bored during your journey. Some ferries even have dedicated play areas for children.
- Shops: Take advantage of duty-free shopping and browse a variety of products, including cosmetics, perfumes, alcohol, tobacco, and more.
- Cabins: Book a comfortable cabin for overnight crossings and enjoy a good night’s sleep in a private space.
5. What to Do in Amsterdam
Once you arrive in Amsterdam, there are countless attractions and activities to explore:
- Van Gogh Museum: Admire the works of the legendary artist, Vincent Van Gogh, and learn about his life and creative journey.
- Anne Frank House: Visit the hiding place where Anne Frank wrote her famous diary during World War II. This museum offers a moving and educational experience.
- Rijksmuseum: Discover an extensive collection of Dutch art and history at the renowned Rijksmuseum.
- Cycling Tour: Rent a bicycle and explore Amsterdam like a local. The city is known for its bike-friendly infrastructure and scenic routes.
- Canal Cruise: Take a relaxing boat ride along Amsterdam’s historic canals and admire the beautiful architecture and charming bridges.
Traveling from Newcastle to Amsterdam by ferry is an excellent choice for those looking for an exciting and convenient way to reach the Netherlands. With comfortable onboard facilities, diverse dining options, and a range of entertainment choices, your journey will be enjoyable and memorable. Once you arrive in Amsterdam, a world of cultural and historical attractions awaits you. So, book your tickets, pack your bags, and get ready for an incredible adventure!
Table of Contents