Three locations in Civitavecchia house stunning Street Art works by three internationally prominent writers: DEM, Aryz, and Agostino Iacurci: a council house, a school, and a private building.
The pieces are part of the WAVES (Wall Art Valorization Experiences) initiative, which is aimed at redeveloping public areas and is curated by the WALLS organization, with funding and assistance from Civitavecchia’s City Council and the creative affiliation Whystyle. The artworks were completed between June 16 and June 21, 2011.
Perhaps you’d like to see them in person and find out where they can be found? Great! Join us on this free alternative street art tour in Civitavecchia!
Duration: 3.5 Hours
Available in English
Why Travellers Choose This Tour?
On this Free Alternative Street Art guided tour of Civitavecchia, learn about the intriguing world of graffiti artists and street painters. Understand about contemporary urban artists, their lifestyles, and the methods and techniques they utilize while seeing some of the most stunning murals in the city.
- Various Locations: Our numerous destinations provide you with an originality that no other tour operator can match, thanks to our experience in local heritage and traditions.
- Terrific Tour Guide: Each tour guide brings something unique to the table – one of which is being terrific!
- Scenic Sights: When travelling, scenic sights are a must that even we cannot compromise.
- Instant Support: Travelling gives rise to queries, concerns, and doubts; so we make sure that we’re always here to put your mind at ease
Alternative Tour Highlights:
- Take a stroll around the city’s creative areas to see some of the best street art around.
- In Civitavecchia’s premier district for urban art, you’ll find amazing murals.
- Discover about local street artists’ styles and histories.
- See how decals and murals were employed, among other things.
Civitavecchia is gradually becoming Italy’s urban art center, thanks to the county’s WAVES Project, which supports the city’s street art culture.
The city’s roads are host to an astonishing collection of foreign pieces of art, as you’ll discover on this 3.5-hour trip, with painters from all over the world adorning the hidden passageways and riverside ports of metropolitan Civitavecchia with their undiscovered treasures.
In the past, all-white buildings were the norm, but now there is color in practically every part of the city. The majority of the street murals you’ll see on the trip are the result of the WAVES Project, which promotes artists to turn run-down structures into actual urban exhibitions.
On an off-the-beaten-path trip, your guide will take you on a drive through Civitavecchia and the nearby areas.
What’s included & not included:
✓ Local Guide × Gratuities × Food and drinks, unless specified
Piazza Vittorio Emanuele, 00053 Civitavecchia RM, Italy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the trip’s departure time, as the tour departs on time, and it is impossible to catch up with the group once they have left.
This experience requires good weather. If the tour is canceled because of poor weather, you’ll be offered, or you can also book a different date. This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If the tour is canceled because the minimum numbers of participants aren’t met, you’ll be offered, or you can also choose a different date.
Only guests who have booked can leave a review.