What Area is Dublin 15?
Dublin 15 is a postal district located in the western part of County Dublin, Ireland. It encompasses several suburbs and towns, including Blanchardstown, Castleknock, Clonee, Mulhuddart, Tyrrelstown, and Ongar. It is one of the fastest-growing areas in Dublin and offers a mix of residential, commercial, and recreational facilities.
1. Dublin 15 Suburbs
The main suburbs in Dublin 15 include:
- Blanchardstown: Blanchardstown is one of the largest suburbs in Dublin 15. It features Blanchardstown Centre, a major shopping complex with various retail stores, restaurants, and a cinema.
- Castleknock: Castleknock is a picturesque suburb known for its historic Castleknock Castle and beautiful Phoenix Park. It offers a mix of residential areas, parkland, and local amenities.
- Clonee: Clonee is a rapidly developing area with numerous new residential and commercial developments. It is well-connected to Dublin City Centre and offers easy access to the nearby N3 motorway.
- Mulhuddart: Mulhuddart is a diverse suburb with a combination of residential, industrial, and commercial areas. It is home to the National Aquatic Centre, a popular leisure facility.
- Tyrrelstown: Tyrrelstown is a planned town featuring modern housing developments, schools, and shopping facilities. It has a vibrant community and is known for its family-friendly atmosphere.
- Ongar: Ongar is a suburban area with a mix of residential and commercial zones. It offers a range of retail options, including Ongar Village Shopping Centre.
2. Amenities and Facilities
Dublin 15 provides residents with a wide range of amenities and facilities, making it an attractive place to live. Here are some notable features:
The area is home to several primary and secondary schools, both public and private. Some of the well-known schools in Dublin 15 include St. Brigid’s National School, Castleknock Community College, and Le Chéile Secondary School.
Blanchardstown Centre, mentioned earlier, is a major shopping destination offering a variety of stores, including fashion retailers, electronics, and home goods. Additionally, there are other retail parks and smaller shopping centers throughout the area.
Residents of Dublin 15 can enjoy a range of recreational activities. Phoenix Park, one of Europe’s largest enclosed city parks, provides ample space for walking, cycling, and picnics. It is also home to Dublin Zoo and numerous sporting facilities.
The National Aquatic Centre in Blanchardstown is a popular leisure center, featuring swimming pools, water slides, and diving facilities. It offers activities for individuals and families alike.
Dublin 15 is well-connected to Dublin City Centre by bus and train services. Several Dublin Bus routes serve the area, providing easy access to the city and other locations. The upcoming MetroLink project will further improve transportation links in the future.
3. Community and Events
Dublin 15 has a vibrant community with various events and activities. Local community centers, libraries, and sports clubs offer opportunities for social interactions and personal development.
The area hosts regular events, such as farmers’ markets, music festivals, and sporting competitions. These events bring the community together and provide entertainment for residents of all ages.
Dublin 15 is a diverse and dynamic area in western County Dublin, Ireland. With its range of suburbs, amenities, and community spirit, it provides a great place to live for individuals and families alike. Whether you’re looking for shopping, recreation, or a welcoming community, Dublin 15 has something to offer.
Table of Contents